Sky Fortress (SF) is a dungeon added in PMU 7 that is part of Stormhold Range. You must have beaten Mt. Stormhold and have a Pokémon with Fly to access it. To enter the dungeon, you must have one Flying-type on their team.
The dungeon follows a system where each 10 Floors, you take on a different path with a corresponding typing for its Pokémon. After Floors 10, 30, 50, 70 and 90 you will be able to access the Fire path, the Ice path, and the Electric path. When starting the dungeon, you'll take the Steel path. On Floor 20, you take on the Fairy path, the Dragon path on Floor 40, the Dark path on Floor 60, and the Poison Path on Floor 80. Alternatively, if you are on Floor 50, and have the three orbs from the Ice, Electric, Fire and paths' bosses (Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres respectively), you can take the route of the Sky Garden and take on Rayquaza.
Below are all the paths you can take.
|Steel Path | Fairy Path | Dragon Path | Dark Path | Poison Path | Fire Path | Ice Path | Electric Path | Sky Garden|
The main objective is obtaining the Fire, Ice, and Electric Orbs to access Sky Garden, and to beat the dungeon generally. The Sky Garden's end boxes can contain a Miracle Chest or Amber as well, which are often sought after items. Being a late game dungeon, Sky Fortress gives high experience and good missions. Other motives are collecting Unown or any of the dungeon's exclusive Pokémon or getting the Heart Slates of Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, or Rayquaza for use in a Mystery Part.
- Must have a Flying-type Pokémon in the team.
- Plan your route and inventory before taking on Sky Fortress.
- *6 missions here are always in the Fire path and *8 mission are in the Sky Garden.
- The bosses of Sky Fortress, along with the Mysterious Jungle boss, were given increases in stats.
- This dungeon contained an event Flying Pikachu for the first month of its release.
- Originally, Sky Fortress had 70 Floors, which was later revamped into a 99-Floor dungeon in the Summer of 2015.
- Players had to beat the Sky Garden for Sky Fortress to be registered as completed in order to receive missions, but this was changed in 2019 to allow players to receive missions as long as Sky Fortress was beaten at least once in any path.
- Sky Fortress is based off the Sky Fortress from Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs.