The rules are a series of laws used to determine what is and is not allowed to happen on the game. The staff has the final say in what is acceptable, but the rules are a guideline for them and the community. The rules also listed on the official PMU website.
The Core Rules of Netiquette
Keep in Mind
Catch All Rule
- Kindly respect and be courteous to the Staff Members and listen to them.
- Do not ask to be a Staff Member.
- Try not to bother the Staff Members unless you are absolutely sure you cannot solve your problem on your own.
- Do not beg for any items, Poké, Pokémon, events, or to have commands used on you.
- If you're planning on accusing a current Staff Member of being corrupt, show Administrators proof. If you just call on any specific Staff member corrupt without any solid proof, you will not be seen as credible.
General Interaction & Communication
- Insulting via public chat or private messages is not allowed. Depending on the severity, punishment can be given without a warning.
- Publicly defaming someone's name by saying "Beware of ____. They are a scammer!" or anything similar to it will result in you getting muted. If you have conclusive evidence, make a report about the person through the appropriate channels. This is considered harassment and will not be tolerated.
- Begging for items/Poké/levels/etc or anything unlisted is considered harassment and is not allowed.
- Ultimately, it's up to the Staff Member to decide what is/isn't harassment.
Scamming and Items
- Twisting the truth or otherwise deceiving or misrepresenting something in order to get money, items, or accounts is against the rules.
- Disclaimer: Buying something at a high price and discovering some one else was selling it much lower is not scamming. You are responsible for knowing a current item's worth prior to buying/selling it.
- Accidentally vending for too low is not scamming.
- By dropping an item on the ground (whether purposely or accidentally), showing off said item, failure to block your map, having a full inventory or overweight capacity, you relinquish possession of said item(s). If someone comes by and picks it up, they have the right to keep it.
- Selling or buying anything that is based off of trust is the player's risk. Depending on what sort of evidence you have to support your claim, the GMs reserve the right to deny helping in this sort of report.
- Excessive talking in chat and/or repeating lines consecutively is punishable. People can read what you say, so there's no need to repeat it endlessly. This includes but is not limited to using over 3 lines of chat at a time, or repeating your chat more often than 30 seconds after it's left your screen.
- Do not excessively use moves in areas with vast amount of players in-game - it may cause lag to other players.
- Do not advertise another product, web service, server or even another MMO. It is up to the Staff Members to determine what is advertising or not. Basic common sense will keep you out of trouble.
- "You should consider joining [Game]. I could give you a whole team of rare Pokemon."
- "I used to play [Game], then I came here," or, "Yeah he quit a while ago and went to [Game]."
- Posting or otherwise sharing referral links is not allowed. This is due to being unverifiable as non-scams and act to purely benefit the advertising person alone.
Accounts and Characters
- Keep Global Chat English. We do this so it can be moderated properly as all the staff can moderate English.
- No begging.
- No spamming (we don't want to have to put a chat delay).
- No excessive trade, rp recruiting, dungeon recruiting, Moderation is the key to a healthy chat.
- Limit your complaints, whining about it all day doesn't exactly help either of us much.
- Please do not "sing" in main or break up a sentence into 5-7 different messages. Respect the Enter key. It can be seen as spam to other players, and can be quite bothersome.
- Take note to keep adult themed conversations off of main chat. Please remain mindful of younger players. Try to keep the topics clean, and be respectful. Harassment won't be tolerated on main just like anywhere else.
- Constant and or repetitive swearing is prohibited. There are children who play.
- The use of racial slurs will not be tolerated. No matter what ethnicity you may be, or how the person you are talking to doesn't mind it, some people can and most likely will be offended in some way. If you want to talk to your friend using that sort of language, take it off to PMs.
Exploits and Hacking
- Exploiting and doing other things deemed against the rules by a Staff Member will result in an insta-ban. Report all bugs/exploits to the Staff Member team via PM Immediately. (Exploiting: Abusing a bug in the game for self gain.)
- Any means by which a player intentionally causes other players to error is against the rules.
- Hacking via a brute force method is illegal.
- If you were gullible enough to share your information or trust someone's program that gives you unlimited items/Poké, that’s your own fault.