Mt. Barricade, commonly abbreviated as Mt. Barr or simply Barr, is a dungeon originally from PMU 6 which was later remade and added to PMU 7. This dungeon is one of the strongest dungeons in Exbel that is not set level, and is the closest Exbel dungeon to the Tanren region.
It has 30 floors with two intermissions and two main boss floors. The both intermissions are a cliff lookout over PMU with a puzzle increasing in height to reach the entrance back into the dungeon.
The bosses that are in this dungeon are both mob type.
The Pokémon vary in type, but are mostly Bug-, Fighting-, and Ground-type, with some able to cause different status problems. Foggy weather and Rainy weather is common.
|Stealth Rock Trap|
The low floors of the dungeon include a lot of water with small rooms. The ground is a light tan color and the walls of this scenery set are light grey.
In the higher floors of this dungeon the dirt is grey with occasional yellow grass, and the water shifts to a deeper, darker blue. On Floor 20 is a Sealed Chamber with a Hard Box.
Mt. Barricade Cliffs
After Floor 10 and Floor 20 are warp type puzzles. The Floor 20 puzzle, leads to the miniboss of the dungeon, where after the puzzle continues and leads to the entrance back into the dungeon floors. These puzzles have wind in them!
Hariyama and Makuhita
Mt. Barricade has both a mini-boss along with the end boss. The mini-boss is a group of Hariyama 4 and 8 Makuhita, who use Wide Guard followed by Earthquake. They appear after Floor 20.
- Oi! What 'ave we got 'ere?
- We don' well get too many a vistor up in these parts.
- On closer inspection...
- Ya don' look like too much of a threat.
- Do'ya honestly want me ta believe ya were able ta brave these treacherous slopes, then?
- Hmm... fer someone to make it up this far, it sure takes a lot of courage.
- A pokemon like tha' surely's gotta put up some kind of a fight.
- 'Right then! You seem a bit eager ta' get past here, so I'll be makin' ya a deal.
- If you can prove yerself by winnin' in a battle against me 'n my comrades. I'll be willin' to let ya pass, a'right?
- I best be warnin' ya though... we won't be takin' it easy on ya, so you better fight like ya mean it!
- Are ya ready to take us on, stranger?
- Go ahead 'n come at us, then!
The end boss is a gang assembled by a Tyranitar. It consists of Gliscor, Skarmory, Tyranitar, Pupitar, and Larvitar. The Sunny weather which appears to be prevalent at first is quickly replaced by Sandstorm as the final boss spawns.
- ???: That smell... there's no mistaking it...
- ???: The smell... of an intruder!
- ???: You won't make it out of here alive!
Mt. Barricade has a Secret Room and It can only be found on Floor 10. In this Secret Room, all the boxes are hidden. There are a total of six boxes; three boxes on the ground and three boxes inside the walls. The items that can be found in the boxes are:
- Canyon Band
- Fighting Diamond
- Slate Band
- Knockout Band
- Max Ether
- Chople Berry
- Kebia Berry
- Shuca Berry
- Plain Seed
- Reviver Seed
Pokémon in bold are recruitable. Please visit the Recruitable Pokémon page for more information.
The items that are found in this dungeon include the basics that an explorer needs to complete a dungeon, along with Reviver Seeds and the Oval Stone.
|Silk Scarf||F20+||Floor, Water||No|
|Stamina Band||F10+||Floor, Water||No|
|Special Band||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Zinc Band||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Leppa Berry||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Lum Berry||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Oran Berry||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Oren Berry||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Pecha Berry||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Blast Seed||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Reviver Seed||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Geo Pebble||All Floors||Floor||No|
|TM Brick Break||F20+||Floor||??|
|TM Rock Tomb||F20+||Floor||Yes|
|TM Stone Edge||F20+||Floor||Yes|
|Foe-Hold Orb||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Foe-Seal Orb||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Foggy Orb||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Rainy Orb||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Rebound Orb||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Recycle Orb||All Floors||F10+||No|
|Slumber Orb||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Totter Orb||All Floors||Floor||No|
Two Pokémon can be found in Barricade Eggs which begin spawning on Floor 16.
The objective for this dungeon is, like many others, to go up the floors and beat the dungeon and boss. This dungeon offers the Oval Stone, which is necessary to evolve Happiny. Mount Barricade is also the only the dungeon that has a recruitable Larvitar.
- When Mt. Barricade was released in PMU 7, the mini boss had a glitch that caused many phantom enemies to spawn. These sprites couldn't move nor attack.
- This dungeon was previously released in PMU 6.
- Previously there was a glitch where the boss did not spawn and players had to be warped into a boss fight where they are spawned for you. It has since been fixed.