Cliffside Cave, also known as Cliffside, is an early-game dungeon which rewards the player the Engraved Tablet, essential for evolving all Pokémon upon the completion of the dungeon (see Faded Relic for the site of Pokémon evolution). The dungeon is found north-west of Grassroot Town and south of Mt. Skylift in Exbel. The boss of the dungeon is Golem.
The dungeon has darkness from the very beginning. The rooms are small with its pathways often being long and winded. Bodies of water is scattered throughout the first four floors and cuts through the solid, beige, rock walls, giving the scenery a messy outlook.
As the player progresses deeper into the dungeon, the environment gradually appears less chaotic.
Tiled flooring appears, and the water bodies subsides and eventually disappears.
Upon reaching the Cliffside Relic, Golem will angrily confront the player and explains that he is tired of explorers entering his home to tear down his interior wall. Golem will then attack the player. After the Golem is defeated, the screen blacks out. Golem states that the player is too strong and allows the player to take a tile on the condition of leaving him alone. When the conversation ends, Golem is no where to be seen after his defeat and a sparkle will appear behind the warp. Press enter while in front of it to receive the Engraved Tablet.
- NO! Not another one!
- You're another explortion team coming after the tiles in my home, aren't you!?
- Well let me tell you something...
- I've had enough of you bozos coming in and tearing down my interior!
- GET OUT!!!
- Too... strong...
- Go ahead... you can take the tiles...
- Just... leave me alone...
Pokémon in bold are recruitable. Please visit the Recruitable Pokémon page for more information.
Note that Geodude and Grimer can occasionally drop Geo Pebble and Grimy Food upon being defeated respectively.
|Grimy Food||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Tiny Reviver Seed||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Geo Pebble||All Floors||Floor||No|
|All-Aim Orb||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Foe-Seal Orb||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Pounce Orb||All Floors||Floor||No|
|Rollcall Orb||All Floors||Floor||No|
|TM Brick Break||BF8+||Floor||No|
|TM Rock Tomb||BF8+||Floor||No|
This dungeon's objective is to complete it and defeat the Golem so that the player may collect the Engraved Tablet.
Cliffside Cave is also the first dungeon accessible by players to recruit every recruitable Pokémon available here in the dungeon.
- This dungeon is mandatory to beat to evolve the player's Pokémon.
- Golem used to drop Link Cable as a rare boss drop.
- During the conversation before fighting Golem, it is revealed that the interior tiles of the Cliffside Relic are made out of Engraved Tablets. This explains why Golem is frustrated of new explorers visiting his abode.
- This dungeon added in Aron after a month of the dungeon's release.